Saturday, January 29, 2011

COLOR WEEK!

The time for color has arrived. Throughout this week we did a lot of exercises to allow us to have a better understanding of color.  All of which caused headache after headache. The basic task was to choose two colors out of a pack of color aid paper and up with the color that is in between them. We also did this with three sheets of paper.

Day One. This was the first day that I started using the colors. On this day the assignment was to get used to working with the colors and practicing the technique. I chose two colors and had to find the mix of the two. After I found the mix I had cut out three 3x1in strips and place them into a piece of foam board. This was simple enough, but I later found out that it was only the beginning.


Day Two. The assignment for this day was very similar to that of day one. I still had to choose two colors and find the middle mix of the two. What was different about day two was the layout of the colors after they were selected. Instead of three strips the layout was a cross made out of five 2in squares. The ends of the cross were the original colors that I chose, and the middle was the mix of those two. On this day I began to realize that this could be more intense on the eyes than I had originally thought.


Day Three. Now marks the day that I would have a headache for the rest of the week. Day three I had to use five colors. Four to make a square out of 3in squares. They were to all be place 1in apart. In the middle of them is where the fifth color went. Then the mixture of the middle with all of the corners had to be put in the place where they intersected.


Day Four. First day that three way mixtures entered the equation. I thought this was going to be ridiculously difficult, but after looking at soooooo many colors over the past few days you start to realize that there are only certain colors that it can be and you don't have to think as much. However, searching through the numerous colors in order to find that one magical color did add to the head pain. It is all worth it when you find that match though. The assignment to turn in on this day was a triangle made of three outer triangles of my own chosen colors with the mixture in the  middle. I also started work on the big diamond.


Day Five. This day I had to finish work on the diamond.  All of the colors in this are cut into triangles. The top is a light color and the bottom is its darker contrast. On the two corners of the top are two random colors I selected and below them is its shaded version. If divided into two triangles the colors that are on the middle of the edges are mixtures of the two corners that surround them. The rest of the colors are three way mixes are colors that they are surrounded by.  The last assignment came from using the colors that I ended up with in my diamond.  I had to create four 3x3in compositions to represent the four seasons of the year. They are arranged as winter, spring, summer, fall from the left end to the right.




Final



No comments:

Post a Comment